Whether you’re planning a day at the beach or just heading out for a work, sunscreen should be a non-negotiable item on your skincare checklist. But if you have dry skin, choosing the best sunscreen for your skin type can be a bit more complex.
Not all sunscreens are created equal, and finding the right one for your dry skin can be a game-changer in your skincare routine. So here’s a list of the best sunscreen options for dry skin in India.
- Best Sunscreens For Dry Skin In India
- 1. Plum Rice Water and Niacinamide Hybrid Sunscreen
- 2. Fixderma Shadow Sunscreen for Dry Skin
- 3. Dr. Sheths Ceramide and Vitamin C sunscreen
- 4. The Derma Co. 1% Hyaluronic Acid Aqua Gel
- 5. Dot & Key Watermelon Cooling Face Sunscreen
- 6. Put It Simply Beat The Sun Sunscreen
- 7. Episoft AC Moisturizer with SPF
- 8. Aqualogica Hydrate+ Dewy Sunscreen
- 9. Pulp GTG Daily Moisturizer
- 10. Mamaearth Ultra Light Sunscreen
- Sunscreen For Dry Skin FAQs
Which Sunscreen Is Best For Dry Skin?
People with dry skin often experience flakiness, tightness, and roughness due to factors like cold weather, age, or genetics. So it’s crucial to choose a sunscreen that not only shields your skin from harmful UV rays but also provides hydration and nourishment.
Here are some things to keep in mind while buying a sunscreen for dry skin:
- SPF Level: The sun protection factor (SPF) rating on your sunscreen denotes the levels of protection you get against the sun’s harmful rays. Aim for an SPF of at least 30 for everyday use, and higher if you plan to spend a lot of time outdoors.
- Broad-Spectrum Protection: Ensure your sunscreen provides broad-spectrum protection, guarding your skin against both UVA and UVB rays.
- Water-Resistant Formulas: Opt for water-resistant sunscreens if you’re going to be swimming or tend to sweat a lot, as they’ll provide more extended coverage.
- Allergen-Free: Dry skin is often sensitive in nature. So look for sunscreens that are gentle, hypoallergenic, and fragrance-free to avoid irritation.
- Moisturizers: When shopping for sunscreen for dry skin, be on the lookout for ingredients that can help retain moisture in the skin. Eg. Hyaluronic acid, glycerin, ceramides,
Best Sunscreens For Dry Skin In India
These sunscreens are all designed to keep your skin hydrated and protected, so you can enjoy the sun without worrying about damaging your skin. Read on to find the perfect sunscreen for your dry skin.
1. Plum Rice Water and Niacinamide Hybrid Sunscreen
- Clean beauty
This lightweight sunscreen with SPF 50 & PA+++ rating is perfect for dry skin thanks to its dewy finish. It’s a multi-tasking sunscreen infused with a blend of physical and chemical filters to protect skin from harmful UVA & UVB rays.
The Plum sunscreen also has rice water, vitamin B5, and 2% niacinamide which help hydrate and brighten your complexion and even reduce tan.
2. Fixderma Shadow Sunscreen for Dry Skin
Formulated especially for dry skin, this cream-based sunscreen is one of the best affordable picks for dry skin. Available in two size options, this lightweight, water-resistant sunscreen provides broad spectrum protection and has an SPF 50+ PA+++ rating making it perfect if you spend a lot of time outdoors on a daily basis.
3. Dr. Sheths Ceramide and Vitamin C sunscreen
If you are looking for a sunscreen that doubles up as a mositurizer whenever needed, this is a great pick. It is creamy but non-sticky and is infused with ceramides, Vitamin C, and hyaluronic acid which protect and nourish your skin.
It has an SPF 50 PA+++ rating and has a blend of mineral and chemical filters that also protect your skin from pollution and blue light.
4. The Derma Co. 1% Hyaluronic Acid Aqua Gel
If you don’t want to layer another cream in this scorching heat then try this sunscreen gel which has quickly become a best-seller as it blends into the skin like a dream. It is extremely lightweight but keeps skin hydrated and soft with the help of hyaluronic acid and Vitamin E.
It has SPF 50 PA++++ for ultimate protection against UV rays and blue light.
5. Dot & Key Watermelon Cooling Face Sunscreen
With a cooling effect on application, this sunscreen lotion is a great choice for summer. It blends easily, leaves no white cast, and has a beautiful luminous finish.
The sunscreen provides SPF 50 PA+++ broad-spectrum protection. It also has hyaluronic acid to prevent your skin from drying out while UV filters protect your skin from harmful radiation.
6. Put It Simply Beat The Sun Sunscreen
- Clean beauty
This light feel, creamy sunscreen works well for all skin types including dry skin. It is made with new-age, photostable sun filters that provide broad-spectrum sun protection without clogging your pores or leaving a white cast.
The sunscreen has SPF 50 PA++++ protection and will even work well for sensitive skin thanks to niacinamide and ceramides.
7. Episoft AC Moisturizer with SPF
- Dermat approved
Made specifically for sensitive, acne-prone skin, this 2-in-1 moisturizer cum sunscreen is a great pick for summer. The light, non-greasy lotion spreads easily and keeps your skin soft and supple. It provides broad-spectrum protection and has SPF 30 rating so it’s a good choice for daily wear.
8. Aqualogica Hydrate+ Dewy Sunscreen
- Clean beauty
This deeply hydrating sunscreen is another good choice for people with dehydrated or dry skin. It has ingredients like coconut water, aloe vera, glycerin, and hyaluronic acid which help hydrate your skin and leave a dewy yet non-greasy finish on the skin.
The sunscreen offers SPF 50+ PA+++ protection against UVA and UVB rays while being easy on your pocket as well.
9. Pulp GTG Daily Moisturizer
- Clean beauty
If you like to keep your morning skincare routine minimal, then get this SPF-enriched moisturizer from Pulp. It has a lightweight, nourishing formula that leaves your skin looking healthy and dewy while also protecting it from harmful sun rays.
It has an SPF 40 PA++++ rating and is infused with avocado and sunflower oil which moisturize your skin without making it greasy
10. Mamaearth Ultra Light Sunscreen
- Clean beauty
Even on the hottest summer days, this Mamaearth sunscreen will provide sun protection without making your skin greasy. Suitable for all skin types, the lightweight lotion blends easily and leaves no white cast on the skin.
Along with SPF 50 PA+++rating, this sunscreen also has turmeric and carrot seed extracts to minimize sun damage.
Sunscreen For Dry Skin FAQs
If you have dry skin, creamy sunscreen formulas with hydrating and moisturizing ingredients are the best choice.
SPF 30 is good for daily use while SPF 50 is a better choice, especially if you spend several hours outdoors.
Yes, you can apply sunscreen without moisturizer if the sunscreen is moisturizing. But if you have dry skin, it is best to use a moisturizer in the long run.
* This post contains affiliate links. If you choose to purchase using the link, I will earn a small amount (at no extra cost to you!) The amount helps me maintain website costs and bring more and better content to you.