Last Updated on November 20, 2023
Does your skin often feel parched, flaky and dull? A hyaluronic acid serum is one of the best skincare products to reduce dehydration and get supple, soft skin.
Hyaluronic acid may sound like a scary ingredient but it is just a naturally occurring sugar-like molecule. It draws water from its surroundings and binds it to itself which makes it a great humectant i.e a moisture-retaining skincare ingredient.
The ingredient is loved by everyone and is found in several skincare products. From facewashes, toners, moisturizers, and serums, you will notice hyaluronic acid is omnipresent in skincare.
Because hyaluronic acid is also produced by our body to lubricate the joints and cartilage and hydrate our skin. It is a part of the natural moisturizing factors(NMFs) present in our skin that prevent dryness and support healthy barrier function and skin regeneration.
AKA, it keeps our skin hydrated, soft, and healthy.
- Benefits of Using Hyaluronic Acid Serum For Skin
- How To Pick The Best Hyaluronic Acid Serum For Your Skin
- 10 Best Hyaluronic Acid Serums In India
- 1. Vaunt Multivitamin Superhydrator
- 2. Daughter Earth Plump Up Hyaluronic Acid Serum
- 3. Suganda Hyaluronic Acid Serum
- 4. Neemli Natural Moisture Boost Concentrate
- 5. One Thing Hyaluronic Acid Complex
- 6. Deconstruct Hydrating Serum
- 7. Earth Rhythm Moisture Punch Serum
- 8. Conscious Chemist Hydro+ Multi Hyaluronic Serum
- 9. Chemist At Play Hydrating Face Serum
- 10. Simple Booster Serum HA+B5
- Frequently Asked Questions About Hyaluronic Acid Serums
Benefits of Using Hyaluronic Acid Serum For Skin
Hyaluronic acid is found naturally in our skin and is also present in most skincare products. So why do people still look for the best hyaluronic acid serum in India?
There are three reasons:
- The amount of hyaluronic acid in our skin decreases as we age, leading to dehydration, fine lines, and sagging. So using skincare products with hyaluronic acid helps our skin stay hydrated and gives that youthful suppleness.
- Not all skincare formulations have hyaluronic acid. If this ingredient is missing from your current routine, a hyaluronic acid serum will be a great addition
- Even if cleansers and moisturizers have hyaluronic acid, the amount may not be enough to meet our skin’s moisture needs. So people with dry skin may feel the need to add a serum to their routine as well science it has the highest concentration of hyaluronic acid.
How To Pick The Best Hyaluronic Acid Serum For Your Skin
There are plenty of hyaluronic acid serums in India that you can choose from. But I understand the decision can be confusing. So here are 3 things to remember for picking a serum that will work well with your skin type and concerns.
- Molecular Weight of Hyaluronic Acid:
Hyaluronic acid comes in various molecular weights. High molecular weight indicates bigger-sized molecules of hyaluronic acid. They only stay on the skin’s surface to give you instant plumpness and smoothness.
On the other hand, low and medium molecular weights of hyaluronic acid have smaller molecules to penetrate deeper layers of skin. So they will provide long-lasting hydration and even reduce the appearance of fine lines.
2. Concentration of hyaluronic acid
Skincare products can contain anywhere between 0.25%-3% hyaluronic acid. But most hyaluronic acid serums have around 1-2% concentration of hyaluronic acid which is ideal for everyone.
3. Supporting Active Ingredients
Hyaluronic acid serums in India often have additional active ingredients to target specific skin concerns. For eg., Vitamin C can brighten your skin and reduce sun damage while niacinamide can strengthen the skin barrier and soothe redness.
They may even have other humectants to boost the hydrating effect. So pick a serum that has a combination of actives best suited for your skin’s needs.
10 Best Hyaluronic Acid Serums In India
These serums are cruelty-free and don’t contain silicone, artificial fragrance or color, mineral oil or parabens.
1. Vaunt Multivitamin Superhydrator
This multifunctional hyaluronic acid serum can target many skin concerns at once. Along with hyaluronic acid and panthenol(Vit B5) to hydrate the skin, it also has 5% niacinamide(Vit B3) to control oiliness and strengthen the barrier, Vit C-rich Kakadu plum and licorice to even the skin.
The skin-friendly probiotics and Vitamin E will help keep your skin healthy. And all of this comes with an affordable price tag making it one of the best hyaluronic acid serums in India.
2. Daughter Earth Plump Up Hyaluronic Acid Serum
This recent launch from Daughter Earth pairs low molecular weight hyaluronic acid with tremella mushrooms, bamboo shoots, and panthenol for a big moisture boost.
These ingredients bind water to the skin to give you soft, bouncy, plump skin. The serum can be used as an alternative to primer to create a smooth base for everyday makeup.
3. Suganda Hyaluronic Acid Serum
This hyaluronic acid formulation is suitable even for people with sensitive skin. It has colloidal oatmeal and Centella Asiatica, two amazing natural ingredients known for their skin-calming and soothing effects.
Align with hyaluronic acid, the serum has panthenol and sodium PCA to enhance long-lasting hydration.
4. Neemli Natural Moisture Boost Concentrate
This deeply hydrating serum prevents moisture loss and plumps skin by speedily hydrating your skin. It has humectants like 2% hyaluronic acid, panthenol, and glycerin along with 6 botanical extracts to give you brighter, smoother skin.
This concentrated formula also has antioxidant-rich extracts and niacinamide that will also give your healthier skin by fighting oxidative stress and strengthening your skin barrier.
5. One Thing Hyaluronic Acid Complex
This hyaluronic acid serum has only one active ingredient but suits all skin types and is made from vegetable-derived ingredients. It uses a combination of low molecular and high molecular-weight hyaluronic acid molecules to bind water to the skin and provide deep hydration.
The essence-like formulation can also be mixed with other skincare products to increase their hydrating effect.
6. Deconstruct Hydrating Serum
This affordable and super hydrating serum has 3-molecular weights of hyaluronic acid to hydrate all the layers of the skin. The combination of 2% hyaluronic acid, 1% niacinamide, and various antioxidants helps achieve deep hydration while soothing the skin and controlling oiliness.
The formula is suited for all skin types and will help fight dehydration, oiliness, and fine lines.
7. Earth Rhythm Moisture Punch Serum
This multi-molecular weight hyaluronic acid serum is an ideal pick for people with dry and dull skin. It has an ultra-low molecular weight of 10 KDa hyaluronic acid to penetrate deeply into the skin for hydration.
Meanwhile, a complex of 5 ceramides that naturally occur in our skin helps retain this moisture by locking it into the skin to give you plump and soft skin.
8. Conscious Chemist Hydro+ Multi Hyaluronic Serum
This affordable, lightweight serum has 3% multiple molecular weight hyaluronic acid to ensure your skin is both plump and deeply hydrated throughout the day. It will improve dullness and elasticity and soothe irritated skin with help of ingredients like marine algae, ceramide complex, aloe vera juice and more.
9. Chemist At Play Hydrating Face Serum
This serum is formulated to revive dull, dehydrated skin and neutralize the damage caused by environmental stressors. It has various water-binding ingredients like low molecular weight 11 KDa hyaluronic acid, phospholipids, and saccharide isomerate( Pentavitin) for deep, long-lasting hydration.
Dry-skinned people will also love the inclusion of phytoceramides that locks in moisture. And 10% niacinamide will help fight blemishes, soothe skin, and strengthen skin barrier function.
10. Simple Booster Serum HA+B5
This hydration serum also moisturizes the skin to make it soft and smooth. It has 3% hyaluronic acid, Vitamin B5 and Pentavitin to keep the skin hydrated for 72 hours.
The formula is non-greasy and has emollients like triglycerides and sunflower seed oil to prevent moisture loss and reduce skin irritation.
Frequently Asked Questions About Hyaluronic Acid Serums
Hyaluronic acid should be used on slightly damp skin to bin that moisture into the skin.
Start by cleansing your skin with gentle face wash and follow up with a toner or hydrosol.
Then while your skin is still slightly damp from the toner, apply 2-3 drops of hyaluronic acid on the face and neck and gently pat it onto the skin. Follow up with a moisturizer or face oil.
Hyaluronic acid serums can be used daily in your morning and evening routine.
Yes, hyaluronic acid serums don’t interfere with the performance of other actives and can be layered on top of other serums for hydration.
Yes, hyaluronic acid serums are safe for everyone including pregnant or breastfeeding women.
Yes, even oily, acne-prone skin needs hydration. And hyaluronic acid can help replenish moisture lost by using strong cleansers or exfoliants.
Hyaluronic acid is naturally present in our skin and is thus a safe ingredient. But always conduct a patch test to see if the formulation suits your skin.
* This post contains affiliate links. If you choose to purchase using the link, I will earn a small amount (at no extra cost to you!) The amount helps me maintain website costs and bring more and better content to you.